Monte E. Frank is a member in Pullman & Comley’s Litigation practice, representing business and municipal clients in the state and federal courts in Connecticut and before administrative agencies on a wide range of matters. He regularly represents clients in mediation and arbitration in Connecticut and other states.
Monte is immediate past president of both the Connecticut Bar Association and the New England Bar Association. He previously served as president-elect and vice-president of the CBA. He currently represents Connecticut in the American Bar Association's House of Delegates. He has served as an attorney trial referee, factfinder and arbitrator for the Judicial District of Danbury since 2000.
Monte appears regularly on television, radio and in newspapers for his work on violence prevention, including CNN, MSNBC, NPR, WCBS, USA Today, and The Washington Post. He has written numerous op-ed pieces, co-authoring many with Connecticut’s United States Senator Richard Blumenthal and another with Senator Blumenthal, Senator Chris Murphy and Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty, that have been published by Connecticut, national and international media outlets, including The Guardian and The Hill, where he is a contributor. In 2014, Monte lectured at Cornell Law School and has sat on many panels at the Connecticut Legal Conference, the University of Connecticut School of Law, Quinnipiac Law School and The National Council of Bar Presidents.
An avid cyclist, Monte still competes on the road and in mountain bike and cyclocross races throughout the Northeast and Canada. He represented the United States at the 2013 and 2017 World Maccabiah Games in Israel and has won six medals, including four silver medals and two bronze medals. He founded and leads Team 26 on the Sandy Hook Ride on Washington (2013-2017).
- Connecticut Bar Association - immediate past president; chair, Diversity and Inclusion Committee; past chair (2014-2016), Legislative Policy and Review Committee; past chair (2015-2016), Council of Bar Presidents; Board of Governors; House of Delegates
- American Bar Association - House of Delegates; Gun Violence Task Force
- New England Bar Association - immediate past president
- American Bar Foundation Fellow
- American Counsel Association
- Connecticut Bar Foundation Fellow
- Federal Bar Council
- Greater Danbury Bar Association - past president
- Judicial District of Danbury - attorney trial referee, factfinder and arbitrator, 2000 - present
- National Conference of Bar Presidents - Executive Council and Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Honors & Awards
- Danbury Bar Association 2013 Pro Bono Award - recognized for pro bono representation of several families deeply affected by the tragedy in Newtown and of an individual in connection with the 9/11 Victims' Compensation Fund
- Listed in Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, since 2009 in the area of Commercial Litigation
- Selected to the Connecticut Super Lawyers list since 2010 in the areas of Business Litigation, State, Local & Municipal Litigation, and Employment & Labor Litigation
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America since 2013 for his work in the area of Commercial Litigation
- Named as a "Local Litigation Star"by Benchmark Litigation (2017) in the area of Labor and Employment
- New Leaders of the Law Award for Overall Achievement Fairfield County, Connecticut Law Tribune, 2003