An associate in the firm's Business Organizations and Finance and Health Care practices, Tobe Umeugo brings a unique perspective to his role having earned degrees as both an attorney and a registered nurse. Joining the firm initially as an 1L Scholar in 2019, Tobe also worked in the legal and risk services department of a major healthcare system where his clinical experience entailed working with an inter-professional team including medical assistants, registered nurses, advanced practicing nurses and medical doctors in the Pediatrics and Immunization/Allergy departments. As an attorney, he uses that experience to review clients’ internal processes and policies for optimization and compliance with regulations. He also provides advice and counsels clients on contracts, entity formation and related corporate governance matters.
During law school, Tobe served on the Connecticut Supreme Court Jury Selection Task Force and continues in that role today. During the recent health crisis, he served as the lead RN in the Campus COVID Resource Line, which assisted the Yale community in COVID-19 response matters.
Honors & Recognitions
Recipient of Academic Excellence Award, Quinnipiac University School of Law
News & Insights
- Interstate Medical Licensure Compact and PSYPACT To Debut in Connecticut: New Laws Meant to Streamline Physician Licensure and Broaden Mental Health Access09.20.2022
- PREVIEW of United States Supreme Court Cases, 01.2022
- Interstate Medical Licensure Compact and PSYPACT to Debut in Connecticut: New Laws Meant to Streamline Physician Licensure and Broaden Mental Health AccessConnecticut Health Law, 09.20.2022
- Connecticut Health Law, 06.21.2022
- Understanding Your Organization's Obligations Connecting to Connie: First Deadline for Hospitals and Labs Approaching May 3, 2022Connecticut Health Law, 04.28.2022