John J. Kindl practices in the area of commercial real estate and commercial finance, representing a wide variety of clients in connection with acquisitions, sales, leasing and loan financing transactions.
As part of his practice, John represents individual and corporate developers, lenders and investors in all aspects involved in purchasing, selling, financing and leasing of commercial properties. John offers his clients cost-effective service from the initial structuring of the transaction through the closing and thereafter. He has broad experience handling the leasing and financing of office buildings, shopping centers, residential apartments buildings, and industrial properties throughout the northeast.
In addition to representing clients in real estate-related matters, John has experience in other commercial financing transactions including representation of governmental and quasi-governmental entities in the state of Connecticut with respect to various public financing programs designed to provide financial assistance to both private entities and municipalities.
He also has experience with the representation of closely held corporations and limited liability companies with regard to general business matters including the drafting and review of contracts, corporate and organizational issues and business financing. Whether the assignment is large or small, John's extensive experience allows him to understand the critical issues facing his clients in order to efficiently handle the matter in a manner that will enable the deal to get done.
Connecticut Bar Association - Real Property Section
Hartford County Bar Association
New England Land Title Association
Real Estate Finance Association of Connecticut
- Represented lenders in connection with the financing of office buildings and warehouse facilities in the Greater Hartford area.
- Represented lender in mortgage financing of over $70 million for Boston-area apartment buildings.
- Represented large national franchisor as local counsel in connection with $97 million financing.
- Represented developer in the acquisition and ground leasing of commercial parcels for development and construction of home office for local financial institution.
- Represented developer in the acquisition, development, leasing and financing of a medical office building.
- Part of legal team involved in the development and financing of a Connecticut power plant facility and a biomedical research facility.
- Representation of state agencies in multiple financial assistance transactions for commercial and residential development projects which include affordable housing tax credits as well as state and federal historic tax credits.
- Represented lender in connection with the structuring and closing of commercial mortgage loan for the acquisition, development and construction of a 230-unit, multi-family apartment complex as part of a master-planned community in a new mixed-use development.
News & Insights
- CTNewsWire, 05.21.2012
- IN THE NEWS: Pullman & Comley Assists Kleen Energy in “North American Single Asset Power Deal of the Year 2008”Project Finance, 03.16.2009
- IN THE NEWS: Pullman & Comley, LLC Represents White Rock Holding Associates, LLC in Connection with $1.3B Transaction06.27.2008
Our Real Estate practice successfully represented a local savings bank in connection with a non-revolving multiple tranche line of credit to the owner of Goodwin Square, an historic office building in downtown Hartford.
Our Real Estate and Business Finance attorneys closed various loan financing facilities of more than $8.7 million for housing for educational professionals in downtown Hartford.
Members of Pullman & Comley's Real Estate practice assisted the Connecticut Children's Medical Center (CCMC) in leasing more than 110,000 square feet in Hartford Square North, located at 10 Columbus Boulevard in downtown Hartford.
Members of Pullman & Comley's Commercial Finance practice successfully represented People's United Bank, N.A. in connection with several credit facilities to a regional supplier and delivery company of petroleum products.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
University of Connecticut, J.D., 1977
Trinity College, B.A., 1974