John D'Agostino works with institutional investors such as life insurance companies and pension funds in making U.S. and international investments in commercial real estate and natural resource assets, including equity, debt and hybrid interests. Debt transactions may be private placements of notes or mortgage loans, and include senior, subordinated and mezzanine financings. He also represents owners in leasing, developing, and operating real estate, as well as acquisitions and sales.
Besides commercial real estate, John's practice includes significant transactions in debt and equity investments in timber and natural resource assets.
After starting out at Connecticut General Life Insurance Company and gaining experience in each unit of the legal department, John spent 15 years with a real estate investment boutique law firm he co-founded. Prior to joining Pullman & Comley, John was also a partner at two other Connecticut law firms.
American College of Mortgage Attorneys
American College of Real Estate Lawyers
Connecticut Bar Association
New York Bar Association
Honors & Recognitions
Selected to the Connecticut Super Lawyers list from 2009-2016 in the areas of real estate, securities & corporate finance
Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV)
- Represented lender consortiums in two different $1 billion plus loans secured by timber assets in multiple states
- Represented a life insurance company on related loans in excess of $100 million secured by multiple industrial buildings in three states
- Represented a lender in a $75 million mortgage loan secured by a New York City mixed use condominium, which included a cooperative residential apartment, commercial, retail and recreational units
- Represented co-lenders where the mortgages on timber assets were released in return for a pledge of borrower's stock in the initial public offering of a coal mining company which owned the underlying mineral rights in a deal involving a $100 million loan
- Represented a client involved in a $100 million timberlands acquisition by a pension fund in a joint venture with an experienced manager/operator
- Represents life insurance companies in making and administering mortgage loans and handling troubled mortgage loans, in both the commercial and agricultural real estate markets
- Handles a wide variety of office and industrial leases for a variety of owners in New York and New England, including the leasing of REO
News & Insights
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
Boston University School of Law, LL.M. in taxation
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., with honors
University of Connecticut, B.A., cum laude