Elliott B. Pollack is a member of Pullman & Comley’s Health Care Department and editor of Health Care Insights, its quarterly newsletter.
Elliott addresses the legal concerns of proprietary and not-for-profit institutional health care providers such as hospitals, nursing homes, substance abuse facilities and clinics. He actively represents physicians in their regulatory, transactional, reimbursement, managed care and medical/legal affairs. Elliott litigates before the Department of Public Health, Connecticut Medical Examining Board, Department of Social Services, Office of Health Care Access and in the courts, including the Connecticut Supreme Court.
- Frequent involvement in state licensure and medical staff disciplinary negotiations and proceedings on behalf of both hospitals and physicians
- Counsels institutional and individual providers in health care business transactions
- Complex litigation in many certificate-of-need and rate-related matters including rehabilitation hospital certificate-of-need proceedings ultimately decided by the Connecticut Supreme Court
- Development and formation of joint ventures between institutional health care providers and physicians
- Design of many proprietary health care joint ventures between physicians both before and after enactment of Medicare/Medicaid fraud and abuse safe harbor rules and restrictions imposed by federal Stark legislation
American Bar Association, Health Law Section
Connecticut Bar Association, Health Law Section
Hartford County Bar Association
American Health Lawyers
Association Healthcare Financial Management Association
Vice president, member, board of directors and former president,
The Hartford Dispensary Past president,
Greater Hartford Legal Aid Foundation
Connecticut Medical Examining Board, 1991-1994
Health law editor, ABA Preview
Adjunct faculty member, University of Connecticut School of Law
Pullman's Property Tax and Valuation practice helps its business clients obtain equitable property tax assessments on their real estate holdings throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Pullman & Comley’s Property Tax and Valuation practice continued its regional expansion with the opening of the Springfield, Massachusetts office in 2019.
Our Health Care attorneys counsel hospitals and physicians dealing with these economic pressures and represent physician groups and hospital systems in negotiating merger and asset acquisition agreements and employment and independent contractor agreements.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Law clerk to former Associate Justice Howard W. Alcorn of the Connecticut Supreme Court
Columbia Law School, LL.B.
Columbia College, A.B.