Edward P. McCreery III has extensive jury and non-jury trial experience in the state and federal courts, covering a wide range of commercial litigation matters. In addition to his court experience, Ed has handled numerous matters before Connecticut state and municipal agencies. He has also represented clients in a broad range of alternative dispute forums, including arbitration and mediation, and has acted as a private and court volunteer mediator to non-client parties.
Ed's practice focuses on intra-corporate disputes, insurance coverage disputes, administrative appeals and arbitrations.
Ed has represented several municipalities throughout Connecticut, both as corporate counsel and as special counsel, on topics such as land use, construction defects, FOIA, environmental remediation, condemnation, affordable housing applications and referenda disputes.
Ed has spoken extensively on the topics of litigation, land use, and insurance coverage for private and public seminars.
American Bar Association - member of the Litigation and Insurance Coverage Sections
Connecticut Bar Association - Vice Chair, Litigation Section; Executive Committee member and past chair, Insurance Coverage Section; Executive Committee member, Planning and Zoning Section; former Secretary of the CBA; past member of the House of Delegates; former member of the Ethics Committee
Greater Bridgeport Bar Association - past president and member of the Board of Directors, Foreclosure Committee, co-chair
Griffin Hospital Development Board - member
Greater Valley Chamber of Commerce - past chairman and member, board of directors
City of Shelton Conservation Commission - member
Shelton Land Trust - director
Shelton Economic Development Commission - board member
Housatonic Council of Boy Scouts - former board member
Town of Brookfield - former town attorney
Served on several boards and committees including the Valley United Way, Valley YMCA and Alliance for Economic Growth, Junior Achievement, the Hewitt Foundation and Sanford-Brown College, Farmington
Honors & Recognitions
Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV)
- Representation of stakeholders in intra-corporate disputes
- Resolution of insurance coverage claims for general liability, product liability, D&O, property loss and environmental claims
- Embezzlement claims against fiduciaries
- Prosecution and defense of construction defect claims
- Defense of product liability actions in the manufacturing, medical device and chemical fields
- Land use applications for commercial structures, and the prosecution and the defense of land use enforcement and administration appeals
- Defense of banking institutions in lender-liability actions
- Commercial foreclosures and Receiverships
- Representation of commercial landlords and tenants
We successfully defend our clients in class action cases covering, product liability, RICO, ERISA, antitrust, consumer protection, insurance and securities.
In addition to handling overage disputes, the attorneys in Pullman & Comley's Insurance practice defend class actions and other litigation challenging computerized underwriting and claim handling systems.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
Western New England University School of Law, J.D., 1979
University of Vermont, B.A., 1976