Andrew A. Glickson is a member of the firm’s Real Estate and Land Use practice areas, representing developers and real estate investors in both Connecticut and New York. He has utilized his grounding in architecture and government to design legal structures for the financing, ownership and sale of complex, mixed-use projects. In addition to handling acquisition, sales, leasing and financing transactions in both states, Andy handles zoning applications and negotiations with redevelopment agencies. He is experienced in addressing the critical interaction among development, financing and land use imperatives.
Before joining Pullman & Comley, Andy developed his own practice in Norwalk for 13 years. Prior to that, he spent 19 years at Cuddy & Feder, LLP in White Plains, New York, including 15 years as a partner. Between college and law school, Andy studied architecture at the Harvard Graduate School of Design.
Connecticut Bar Association
Fairfield County Bar Association
New York Bar Association
Real Estate Finance Association - Fairfield-Westchester Chapter
Norwalk Transit District - commissioner, 1986-present
Connecticut House of Representatives - former representative, 1979-1981
Honors & Recognitions
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of land use and zoning and real estate law since 2013
Listed in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers to Businesses in the area of Real Estate
Named Stamford Lawyer of the Year in the "Land Use and Zoning Law" category in 2020 by The Best Lawyers in America
- White Plains, New York - Represented developer in acquiring a full, downtown block from the City's Urban Renewal Agency, then designed and drafted documentation for a project on that site consisting of two office towers, a mid-rise residential building and a block of retail space, all intended to be separately owned and all resting on a multi-level parking garage to be owned by an assocation of the four building owners. Andy also drafted documentation for the conversion of one tower to condominium ownership, and represented the developer in the sale of six floors to a university that had obtained financing from the New York State Dormitory Authority.
- South Norwalk, Connecticut - Served as acquisition, financing, redevelopment and zoning counsel for a project proposed to encompass over 1.1 million square feet of mixed-use development on seven defined sites within the project area.
- Fishkill, New York - Represented a developer that collaborated with a regional hospital in the construction of a 120,000 square foot medical office building. The developer and the hospital provided parallel streams of financing for construction by the developer; Andy represented the developer in obtaining bank financing, while the hospital obtained industrial development agency financing. Upon completion of construction, the property was converted to condominium ownership according to documentation drafted by Andy, and the two collaborators divided the condominim units in proportion to the financing contributed by each. Andy then represented the developer in connection with registration of its units for public sale with the New York Attorney General, as well as with leasing, unit sales and refinancing.
- South Norwalk, Connecticut - Designed and drafted documentation for a mixed-use, public-private condominium that included a large garage owned by the City of Norwalk, together with residential and commercial units built for resale by Andy's developer client.
- Stamford, Connecticut - Designed and drafted the master common interest community documentation for the Harbor Point, Yale and Towne projects in the City's South End, which will eventually encompass six million square feet of mixed-use development.
- Washington, D.C. - Designed and drafted easements and covenants to govern three connected buildings with an aggregate area of 1.4 million square feet, each to be owned by a different affiliate of Andy's developer client. The drafting was influenced by complex utility arrangements, by the need for physical integration with Union Station and its airspace garage, and by security and other requirements imposed by the Securities and Exchange Commission, which became the major tenant of the assemblage.
- Fishkill, N.Y. - Represented developer in obtaining site plan and related municipal approvals for an eight-building, one million square foot mixed use project, and in connection with organization of the site to vest responsibility for site infrastructure in a property owner's association. Andy also represented the developer in connection with financing for its "horizontal" development and sales of several parcels for hotel development. The property owner's association was one of a series for which Andy designed and drafted documentation on behalf of different developers of industrial and office parks, primarily in Westchester and Fairfield counties.
- Greenwich, Connecticut - Represented a family investment partnership in sale of its garden apartment portfolio for $223 million.
- South Norwalk, Connecticut - Represented developer in obtaining site plan and coastal area management approvals for a four-story residential/office/retail building plus 10-slip marina, located in Norwalk Harbor.
- Oxford, Connecticut - Represented master developer in creation of master community association, site and utility easements, age-restricted residency covenants and golf course use covenants, for a golf course and residential project anticipated to encompass as many as 1,000 units. Andy also prepared public offering materials for the sale of 146 dwelling units being developed on one of the residential sites.
- Norwalk, Connecticut - Designed and drafted documentation to create a planned community covering an industrial site. This allowed ownership and financing for the existing 600,000 square foot building to be separated from ownership and financing for a newly-constructed 168,000 square foot data center building. This technique avoided the technical difficulties and potential controversy that would have confronted a subdivision application.
News & Insights
- IN THE NEWS: Real Estate Attorney Andrew A. Glickson Discusses Commercial Landlord-Tenant RelationshipsFairfield County Business Journal, 12.28.2009
- Fairfield County Business Journal, 05.02.2016
- Fairfield County Business Journal, Westchester County Business Journal, 07.01.2015
- Thirty-four Pullman & Comley Attorneys Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© 2018; Six Named "Lawyer of the Year"08.16.2017
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
Boston University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1975
Harvard College, A.B., magna cum laude, 1970