Pullman & Comley, LLC prides itself on the precautions it takes to safeguard the personal and confidential information which comes into its possession against improper disclosure to or misuse by third parties. We have therefore adopted the following policy. Our attorneys and staff will:
- Comply with all applicable laws and ethical rules regulating the disclosure of sensitive information, the attorney-client relationship, and privileged communications.
- Use sensitive information only within the scope of our business and client matters.
- Use and disclose Social Security numbers only after determining who has a “need to know” them, and limit access to those persons and as permitted by applicable law.
- Protect the confidentiality of Social Security numbers in our possession, and prohibit their unlawful disclosure.
- Maintain our computer systems, paper files, and office locations in secure environments and restrict access to them.
- Destroy, shred, erase, or make unreadable personal data contained in documents and computer files before disposal.
Our attorneys and staff will NOT:
- Share or collect the personal data of our employees, except as warranted by our responsibilities as an employer and as permitted by applicable law.
- Share or collect personal data of other persons, except as appropriate to represent our clients, to carry out their directives, and to communicate with them and interested persons in accordance with applicable law.
- Sell or rent personal data of anyone to third parties.