Physicians and Other Health Care Practitioners
Our Health Care attorneys represent individual licensed providers and group practices in licensure and credentialing matters, as well in general corporate and regulatory matters. We represent both physicians and physician practices in negotiating employment agreements, corporate restructurings and practice buy-ins. We also represent physicians involved in joint ventures and “gain sharing” programs with hospitals and other providers, and we assist in negotiating managed care contracts and other contracts.
We have helped providers contract for and implement electronic health records systems and other forms of health information technology, and we regularly advise providers about the business and regulatory aspects of the current health care environment. We have also provided guidance to providers on:
- Corporate formation issues
- Securing tax-exempt status
- Mergers and Member Substitutions
- Purchase and sale transactions
- Private placement offerings
- Drafting shareholder, employment and independent contractor agreements
- Structuring health system reorganizations
- Clinical and academic affiliations
- Physician recruitment arrangements
- Acquisitions, divestitures and change of ownership
- Joint ventures with hospitals, physicians and development and management companies.