Pullman & Comley’s Automotive Dealers practice represents auto dealers in all aspects of their businesses, including franchise, Department of Motor Vehicles appeals, employment, agency, acquisition, leasing and financing, taxes, real estate, zoning, environmental and waste handling and succession planning issues. Our attorneys understand the regulatory, business and legal issues facing automobile dealers and have the experience to provide valuable counsel in areas important to this sector.
- Serving as general counsel to a number of dealers including one of the nation’s largest for more than 20 years
- Establishing and protecting dealership identity
- Representing automotive clients in the acquisition, sale and restructuring of franchises
- Regularly advising management in the creation of human resource policies and procedures and defending dealerships in human rights complaints brought before state and federal enforcement agencies
- Representing automobile dealers in add point and relocation cases before the Department of Motor Vehicles and in the Courts
- Negotiating and documenting floor plan and other credit facilities for automotive clients
- Writing and speaking on the overtime pay obligations of Connecticut automobile dealers as well as the creation of enforceable non-competition agreements and confidentiality agreements and the establishment of computer, e-mail and Internet use policies to protect company equipment and information