PLEASE JOIN US: Selling Your Medical Practice to a Private Equity Firm
Private equity has increasingly become a major player in the acquisition of medical practices. In this timely roundtable discussion, our highly experienced speakers will address a variety of relevant topics in a focused one-hour presentation, including:
- What types of practices are currently generating the greatest interest from PE firms?
- What are the major differences between acquisition by a PE firm versus public company mega groups or a health system?
- How do you determine if your practice is a good fit for a PE deal?
- How are these deals structured and how is pricing determined?
- What are the legal and regulatory issues, including those specific to Connecticut?
- How can you best utilize your key advisors – accountant, lawyer, and investment banker – in the deal process?
- When and how should you begin preparing for a PE deal in terms of:
- Addressing corporate governance and accounting issues
- Performing internal due diligence
- Preparing an NDA and Confidential Information Memorandum for prospective buyers
- Identifying likely buyers and going to market
- What strategies can be employed to effectively navigate the key milestones in a successful deal:
- Negotiating the term sheet and letter of intent
- Negotiating and drafting the contract documentation
- Dealing with regulatory issues and closing the transaction
- Joshua A. Teplitzky, JD, CPA, LLM, MBA – principal, Teplitzky & Company
- Matthew Searles, MBA – principal, Merritt Advisory Services (4/25 only)
- Jeffrey A. Wagner, MD, MBA – principal, Davis Hill Equity Associates (4/30 only)
- Stephen M. Cowherd, Esq. – partner, Pullman & Comley
- Randall C. Mathieson, Esq. – partner, Pullman & Comley
WHEN AND WHERE:
April 25, 2019, at the offices of Pullman & Comley, 850 Main Street, Bridgeport (Peoples United Bank Building – garage enterance is on Water Street)
April 30, 2019, at the offices of Pullman & Comley, 90 State House Square, Hartford (GPS users should use the address of the parking garage – 10 Market Street)
Parking tickets will be validated at the firm’s reception desk – 8th floor in Bridgeport and 14th floor in Hartford
Registration and refreshments will be available from 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm, with the roundtable program from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm