SEMINAR: Opportunity Zones - What Connecticut’s Bioscience Community Needs to Know
The Opportunity Zones program, an important new federal incentive to grow businesses through long-term investments in low-income communities, has become a hot topic in 2019. Learn about the program and how it can help you attract investment in our upcoming breakfast program. Members of Pullman & Comley’s Opportunity Zones and Biotech teams provided an overview of the federal Opportunity Zone program and recent IRS guidance, and offered advice on attracting and using Opportunity Zone investments. In addition, the Department of Economic and Community Development's Office of the Permit Ombudsman discussed its role in the Opportunity Zone program.
Topics that were addressed included:
- An overview of the program’s eligibility requirements, tax benefits, exemptions and compliance requirements
- Availability of Opportunity Fund investments for bioscience ventures
- Opportunity Fund investments compared to traditional investments
- How businesses in Opportunity Zones can access Opportunity Fund investments
- What to expect when negotiating an investment from an Opportunity Fund
- CT DECD Permit Ombudsman’s role in assisting bioscience businesses
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
District – New Haven, Suite 001
470 James St, New Haven
Registration, networking and breakfast will begin at 8 a.m., and the program will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m.
To register, please email email@example.com.