SEMINAR: Attorney Frederic Klein to Moderate Water Conference Legal Panel on March 9, 2019
Attorney Fred Klein, chair of Pullman & Comley’s Energy and Utilities Section of the Regulatory, Energy and Telecommunications practice will serve as a panel moderator for the conference WATER: Public Trust Resource? Private Resource? Or Both?, hosted by Rivers Alliance and CCSU Center for Public Policy and Social Research.
The conference will examine and clarify the relevant law and policy underpinning the state’s management of water supply; and the role of the public trust doctrine and statute in relation to water-supply law.
The topics addressed will include water issues presently being debated in Connecticut, such as:
- guiding principles of water allocation;
- role of the public trust in water;
- water company mergers and takeovers;
- exclusive service areas, rights and privileges;
- prudent, fair water pricing for all, including large-volume users, such as bottling companies, and poverty-level customers;
- water supply in water-stressed watersheds;
- grandfathered rights to take water
March 9, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Central Connecticut State University
Center for Public Policy and Social Research
Memorial Hall, CCSU
New Britain, CT
For more information or to register, click here.