SEMINAR: Big Data Changes Everything: Why Insurance Lawyers Need to Catch Up Fast
Pullman & Comley attorney Robert D. Helfand will present Big Data Changes Everything: Why Insurance Lawyers Need to Catch Up Fast. This program, hosted by the Connecticut Bar Association will give you an overview of how Big Data is collected and used throughout the insurance industry and then focus on how Predictive Analytics is being used in the claims handling process. Additional speakers include Jim Etkin, Agricultural Aerial Remote; Christopher Maku, Navigant; David Smith, The Hartford; Matthew Smith, Coalition Against Insurance Fraud; Katharine Wade, Connecticut Insurance Commissioner.
Friday, April 13, 2018 (Rescheduled from March 21, 2018)
2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
William R. Davis Courtroom
UCONN Law School
55 Elizabeth St.
You Will Learn
- Where Big Data comes from
- How it changes the mechanics of insurance operations
- How it provides new approaches to old problems, such as fraud detection, claim evaluation and litigation strategy
- The legal challenges insurers must address in obtaining or developing predictive analytic tools
- The ways regulators plan to respond to these developments—both within Connecticut and through national organizations
- Symposium faculty led by Connecticut Insurance Commissioner Katharine Wade will address these issues from multiple perspectives, including those of regulators, insurers, InsurTech companies, insurance fraud experts, technologists, policyholder counsel and attorneys who represent insurance carriers.
For more information or to register for the seminar, please click here.