SEMINAR: Construction Law - Advanced Issues and Answers
Pullman & Comley Construction Law practice chair and Litigation attorney Richard C. Robinson will present as part of a National Business Institute program entitled, "Construction Law: Advanced Issues and Answers."
Rick and other members of the faculty will share their decades of construction law experience, providing valuable tools that can be used to help clients thorough change order disasters, project delay disagreements, construction defect disputes and more.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Anticipate which construction contract provisions will cause difficulties down the road in order to negotiate them in your client's favor.
- Disentangle complex change order payment matters that arise from oral change orders, additional work and more.
- Confidently determine which construction project delays are compensable and which are non-compensable.
- Factor in current court interpretations and state anti-indemnity statutes when wading into a construction indemnity dispute.
- Analyze CGL policy insurance documents to accurately determine who is actually covered under the policy.
- Get to the bottom of construction defect CGL policy coverage issues such as business risk exclusions and proving defective coverage is an occurrence.
- Fairly counter discovery delays, excessive notices and other dirty construction litigation tactics.
- Ensure interactions with unrepresented parties during construction disputes are ethically responsible.
Thursday, November 9, 2017
Courtyard Waterbury Downtown
63 Grand Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
For more information, or to register for this seminar, please click here.