Pullman & Comley is committed to the professional development of all of our attorneys. We believe a supportive, collaborative environment that fosters ongoing professional growth is essential to the well-being of our firm, enhancing our ability to deliver superior client service. Training represents the wisest investment we can make in our most valuable asset – our people.
We provide training that meets the specific needs of attorneys, depending on their level and areas of practice.
- Two days of general orientation
- Associate and partner mentoring
- Training on effective advocacy techniques, document drafting, brief writing, negotiation and presentation skills and various other legal and technical skills
- Observations of depositions, hearings, closings and other informational events
- One-on-one training in substantive legal developments
- Mid-summer and final evaluation conferences
- Training provided to new associates and all attorneys that occurs during the summer months
- One day of general orientation
- Mentorship program
- Associate writing program
- Department-based training
- Ongoing formal and informal feedback on performance
- Business development/marketing training and support
- Training provided by the Associate Training/Development Committee
- Departmental educational meetings cover practice-specific developments
- Memoranda on new court decisions and other relevant information circulated on a regular basis.
- Training on state-of-the-art office technology
- Monthly continuing education seminars conducted by members of the firm on topics of broader interest throughout the legal community