Timothy G. Ronan is chair of the firm's Litigation Department. He practices in the areas of complex commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution, and also chairs the Cybersecurity and Privacy practice.
Tim has represented clients in the federal and state courts and in domestic and international arbitrations on a wide variety of business issues including disputes arising in connection with the merger, acquisition, sale or purchase of business entities, contract disputes, securities, trade secret and unfair trade practice claims, privacy and cyber tort matters, technology and software disputes, partnership and shareholder disputes, corporate governance, and employment disputes. He also has extensive experience with matters involving product liability litigation, insurance coverage disputes and contested land use and real estate matters. Additionally, Tim serves as an adjunct professor at Quinnipiac Law School where he teaches a course on Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence.
- Prosecuted and defended numerous business claims arising in connection with the merger, acquisition, sale and/or purchase of business entities
- Represented both individuals and business entities in a wide array of matters involving corporate governance, shareholder and partnership disputes
- Prosecuted and successfully resolved the intellectual property and trade secrets claims of a nationally known, Connecticut-based Internet services company
- Prosecuted numerous cybersquatting and cybersmearing claims and has written articles and lectured on this subject
- Successfully defended Connecticut-based software company against the unfair competition litigation commenced by its competitor
- Defended corporations, directors and officers in Connecticut class actions and derivative action securities litigation
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association - Federal Practice Section; Professional Discipline Committee; Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Connecticut Judiciary Digital Evidence Committee
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association - Federal Bar Council
Honors & Awards
- Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent)