Randall C. Mathieson’s legal practice includes corporate and securities law, health care, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing, commercial financing, private equity, venture capital, and regulatory compliance. His experience as a senior corporate executive and general counsel for several large international businesses has provided him with a broad and strategic perspective on legal matters, as well as a detailed familiarity with a wide range of issues.
Rand has an extensive background in the health care industry, including the organization and structuring of health care enterprises, the development of long-term care facilities, representation of clients in the Certificate of Need process, arranging debt and equity financing for medical ventures, resolving disputes among physician-partners, and drafting a variety of employment, compensation and services agreements. Recently, he represented a large multi-state anesthesia group in the sale of the practice to a public corporation. He has also served as Chief Operating Officer of a high-tech medical device company with world-wide distribution.
In addition to his legal background, Rand has significant financial and operations experience, including negotiation of financial transactions, due diligence reviews, strategic planning, quality systems, internal investigations, and business valuations.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Association of Health Care Facilities
- Connecticut Chapter of the American College of Health Care Administrators
- Connecticut Association of Long-Term Care Financial Managers
- LeadingAge Connecticut (formerly The Connecticut Association of Not-for-profit Providers for the Aging)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts