Nancy A. D. Hancock’s banking practice consists primarily of credit card, corporate finance and planning.
A member of the firm’s Executive Committee, Nancy maintains a practice encompassing securities, acquisitions and divestitures, and capital formation. Since 1986, she has developed considerable experience in all aspects of credit card portfolio operations, securitizations, management and enhancements. She represented Connecticut’s largest credit card issuing bank until the divestiture of its credit card portfolio operations in 2004. Her experience in this area includes:
- Representing web-based subscription service providers
- Preparing and negotiating various categories of vendor agreements between credit card issuing banks and service suppliers
- Developing standardized and customized forms of affinity and co-branded credit card program agreements, and negotiating and closing affinity and co-branded relationships with catalog sales companies, not-for-profit organizations, trade associations, universities and high visibility corporate accounts
Nancy’s banking experience includes her ongoing representation of specialized lenders in secured lending transactions, and her representation of businesses obtaining secured financing for working capital, equipment finance and shareholder and member buyouts.
She also represents consultants providing services to the various components of the credit card industry: processors, co-branded service providers and rewards programs.
Nancy is a member of the American, Connecticut and Greater Bridgeport Bar Associations. In the community, Nancy is a member of the Connecticut Venture Group; the Easton, CT P.T.A.; is a Sunday School Teacher at the First Presbyterian Church of Fairfield; the Board of Directors of Horizons at Greens Farms Academy; the Princeton Alumni Schools Committee of Fairfield County; is a sponsor of the Princeton Alumni Schools Committee of Fairfield County Annual Book Award for Trumbull High School; and is assistant secretary of The Waterman Foundation, Inc.
- Negotiating the sale of a bank’s $200 million credit card portfolio and portfolio securitization transactions
- Drafting and negotiation of two-party and three-party marketing agreements involving credit card issuers and intermediaries specialized in targeting and signing co-branded and affinity partners
- Representing seller in merchant credit card portfolio divestiture
- Representing purchaser in credit card portfolio acquisition
- Representing entrepreneur in the areas of credit card program development and co-branding strategies
- Direct negotiation with two major credit card companies on behalf of member institutions regarding bylaws, rules and member agreements
- Developing customized and generic documentation for credit card programs including confidentiality agreements, cardholder contracts, settlement account agreements, merchant contracts and ancillary vendor relationship documents
- Representing agent banks as sponsored members of two major credit card companies in development of card programs with leading credit card issuing institutions
- Providing legal opinions satisfactory to S&P, Moody’s and Fitch in connection with numerous credit card and other receivables-backed securitizations