Michael J. Andreana practices in the areas of tax-exempt financings and tax credit transactions.
Mike serves as bond counsel to the Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority, the Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority and several Connecticut municipalities. He also provides tax advice and guidance to the firm's clients that issue tax-exempt debt. In addition, he has represented underwriters, borrowers and letter of credit providers in connection with the issuance of general obligation and revenue bonds. Mike also has experience negotiating contracts between governmental agencies and private operators and developers. He has counseled government entities with respect to the creation and use of Special Tax and Special Assessment Districts.
Mike also represents developers, governmental agencies and other participants in various tax credit transactions, including Historic Tax Credits, New Market Tax Credits and Low Income Housing Tax Credits. Mike's services include helping his clients navigate the numerous Tax Code intricacies that typically arise in a tax credit transaction.
- Bond counsel to a municipality in connection with the issuance of conduit revenue bonds pursuant to the Connecticut City and Town Development Act
- Counsel to a municipal redevelopment authority in connection with the financing of renovations to an historic municipal building through the use of Historic Tax Credits and New Market Tax Credits
- Represented municipal authority in connection with the privatization of its sludge facility
- Bond counsel to the Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority for its most recent financing of child care facilities throughout the state
- Established and represents one of the first special assessment districts in the state of Connecticut
- Bond counsel to municipalities and districts in connection with the lease financing of equipment and structures
- Financing counsel to a Connecticut 501(c)(3) organization in connection with the issuance of variable rate debt and a related variable-to-fixed swap transaction
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Connecticut Government Finance Officers Association
- Council of Small Towns
- Council on Law in Higher Education
- Youth lacrosse coach
- Connecticut Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - 2006 candidate for Man of the Year
Honors & Awards