John J. Kindl practices in the area of real estate and land use issues, representing a wide variety of commercial property owners in connection with acquisitions, sales, leasing and loan financing transactions.
As part of his practice, John represents individual and corporate developers, lenders and investors in all aspects involved in the structuring and documentation of real estate acquisition, financing and development including analysis and planning of the acquisition; contract negotiation and preparation; obtaining municipal land use approvals for subdivision or special permit use; title review and analysis; drafting of easements, covenants and declarations; closing of loan financing; and preparation of unit sale documentation.
In addition to representing clients in real estate-related matters, John has experience in other commercial financing transactions including representation of the state of Connecticut with respect to various grant and loan programs designed to provide financial assistance to both private entities and municipalities. He has experience representing commercial property owners in the preparation of all documentation for the establishment of a common interest community, such as a condominium or planned community, including age-restricted communities and the conversion of apartment units into condominium form of ownership.
John represents individual and corporate landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of commercial leases for office, retail and industrial sites. He also has experience with the representation of closely held corporations and limited liability companies with regard to general business matters including the drafting and review of contracts, corporate and organizational issues and business financing.
- Representation involving the purchase and sale of office buildings and warehouse facilities in the Greater Hartford area
- Representation in the acquisition and ground leasing of commercial parcels for development and construction of home office for local financial institution
- Representation in the acquisition, development, leasing and financing of a medical office building
- Representation in the development and financing of a new Connecticut power plant facility
- Representation in the financing of multi-unit, age-restricted condominium community
- Representation of state financial assistance transaction for Hartford commercial and residential development project and Fairfield County playhouse expansion
- Representation of lender in connection with the structuring and closing of commercial mortgage loans for the acquisition, development and construction of self-storage facilities located throughout the state
- Counsel to bank as co-lender in connection with a commercial loan of more than $42 million to finance the construction of a mixed-use development for use by Yale-New Haven Hospital in connection with its new Smilow Cancer Hospital project
- Representation of lender in $34 million refinancing transaction for Boston-area apartment buildings consisting of over 330 units
- Connecticut Bar Association - Real Property Section
- Hartford County Bar Association
- New England Land Title Association
- Real Estate Finance Association of Connecticut