Jill D. Bicks practices in the area of domestic relations, including pre- and post-nuptial agreements, divorce, child custody, the representation of minor children as attorney or guardian ad litem (GAL), and post-judgment enforcement or modification. Jill brings to the Family Law practice a solid background in litigation and alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and Collaborative Divorce. Jill is recognized for providing clients with cost-effective, sophisticated representation that includes a wide variety of services tailored to their individual and family needs.
Following law school, Jill worked at a New York firm where she handled complex litigation in a variety of areas including antitrust, securities fraud, ERISA and RICO. She also represented victims of domestic violence, and later focused her practice exclusively on domestic relations.
Jill worked as an advocate for children and directed a program in the Stamford Court for volunteer GALs. She served as Founder and Executive Director of Child Advocates of Connecticut, a nonprofit authorized by the Connecticut Judicial Branch that trains court-appointed volunteers. Jill also served as a consultant to the hit HBO series "Divorce" starring Sarah Jessica Parker.
Jill currently serves as a board member for the Connecticut Council for Non-Adversarial Divorce and is a founding member of the Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Fairfield County. Jill is also working on a task force for the Children's Law Center to develop non-adversarial programs for families of limited means.
You can watch Jill here on various segments of Single Process, an informative video series about the process of divorce.
- Connecticut Bar Association - Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution sections
- Fairfield County Bar Association - Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution sections
- Connecticut Council fo Non-Adversarial Divorce
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Fairfield County
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Children's Law Center, Task Force member
- Westport PTA Executive Board, past member
- Westport Young Women's League, past member
Honors & Awards
- Selected by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys as one of Connecticut's "Ten Best" in client satisfaction every year since 2015