H. William Shure is chair of the firm’s Commercial Finance Section. His practice includes corporate and financial affairs, advising entrepreneurial clients, financial institutions and the State of Connecticut’s Department of Economic and Community Development.
He represents the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development in conjunction with its various programs of rendering financial assistance to private industry and public institutions within the state. He also has represented banks and other lending institutions in all facets of commercial and real estate financing.
Bill served as assistant minority counsel to the 1973 Select Committee on Presidential Campaign Activities, more commonly known as the Watergate Committee. He has served as consulting counsel to the U.S. Senate Committee on Governmental Operations, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Practices, Efficiency and Open Government, and as the U.S. Air Force legal advisor to the U.S. Embassy in Paris. He represents various French business interests and continues to travel extensively in France.
- Represented a limited partner in acquisition of a minority interest in the New York Yankees
- Represented the state of Connecticut in its acquisition of the Hartford Civic Center through a long term lease
- Acted as lender's counsel in numerous substantial commercial loan transactions
- General counsel to the Connecticut Development Authority for the financing of the construction of the Meadows Amphitheater
- Counsel to the Connecticut Development Authority in the purchase and sale of the Hartford Whalers National Hockey League Team
- American Arbitration Association National Roster of Neutrals
- Chair of 18th Annual UJA President's Mission to Israel and other countries in the Middle East, during which time he met with the late Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and the late Jordan's King Hussein
- Goodspeed Opera House Foundation - trustee
- New Haven Jewish Federation - past president
- New Haven Symphony Orchestra - vice president
- United Jewish Appeal - former national vice chairperson
Honors & Awards
- Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV)
- Selected to the Connecticut Super Lawyers list from 2006 to 2008 in the area of banking