Edward P. McCreery III has extensive jury and non-jury trial experience in the state and federal courts, covering a wide range of commercial litigation matters. In addition to his court experience, Ed has handled numerous matters before Connecticut state and municipal agencies. He has also represented clients in a broad range of alternative dispute forums, including arbitration and mediation, and has acted as a private and court volunteer mediator to non-client parties.
Ed has represented several municipalities throughout Connecticut, both as corporate counsel and as special counsel, on topics such as land use, construction defects, FOIA, environmental remediation, condemnation, affordable housing applications and referenda disputes.
Ed has spoken extensively on the topics of litigation, land use, and insurance coverage for private and public seminars. He is known for his regular updates on Connecticut appellate decisions, which are linked on this page.
- Representation of stakeholders in intra-corporate disputes
- Defense of product liability actions in the manufacturing, medical device and chemical fields
- Resolution of insurance coverage claims for general liability, product liability, D&O, property loss and environmental claims
- Prosecution and defense of construction defect claims
- Handling of land use applications for commercial structures, and the prosecution and the defense of land use enforcement and administration appeals
- Defense of banking institutions in lender-liability actions
- Prosecution of embezzlement claims against fiduciaries
- Representation of commercial landlords and tenants in commercial structures
- Foreclosure of multi-unit commercial and residential properties
- American Bar Association - member of the Litigation and Insurance Coverage Sections
- Connecticut Bar Association - member of the Executive Committees of the Litigation and Insurance Coverage Sections; member of the Executive Committee of the Planning and Zoning Section; past Chairman of the Insurance Coverage Section; former Secretary of the CBA; past member of the House of Delegates; former member of the Ethics Committee
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association - past president and member of the Board of Directors, Foreclosure Committee, co-chair
- Griffin Hospital Development Board - member
- Greater Valley Chamber of Commerce - past chairman and member, board of directors
- City of Shelton Conservation Commission - member
- Shelton Land Trust - director
- Housatonic Council of Boy Scouts - former board member
- Town of Brookfield - former town attorney
- Served on several boards and committees including the Valley United Way, Valley YMCA and Alliance for Economic Growth, Junior Achievement, the Hewitt Foundation and Sanford-Brown College, Farmington
Honors & Awards
- Received the highest peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (AV)