Kelly F. O'Donnell is an associate in the Business Organizations and Finance and the Trusts and Estates practice areas. In the corporate arena, Kelly works with businesses of all sizes and assists start-ups with understanding the legal requirements necessary to run their operations. Her practice includes mergers and acquisitions, contract review and negotiation, corporate formation, customer and vendor agreements and negotiations, protection of intellectual property, corporate succession planning and tax planning advice.
As a member of the firm’s Trusts and Estates practice, Kelly advises clients regarding business succession planning, health care decision-making, and estate planning. Kelly also engages in probate litigation involving both family disputes and business issues.
During law school, Kelly was a judicial intern for the U.S. District Court and Honorable William I. Garfinkel. Kelly also worked as a student attorney at the Community Economic Development Clinic in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where she provided transactional legal services to nonprofit and community-based organizations. Additionally, she was a legal intern for Hawaii Appleseed Center for Law and Economic Justice in Honolulu and for the Office of the Ombudsman in Belize. A graduate of the University of Michigan Law School, Kelly received the Award for Exceptional Service for her work as the Production Editor on the University of Michigan Journal of Race & Law.
- Connecticut Bar Association - Business Law section, Treasurer
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
- Discovery Museum - Board of Trustees
- Thrive, Bridgeport Regional Business Council's Young Professionals Initiative - Founding Member
- Bridgeport Regional Business Council's Leadership Greater Bridgeport - Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Secretary
- City Lights and Company - President of the Board of Directors
- Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women Alumnae Club of New Haven
- Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women at Yale University - Alumnae Advisory Council
Honors & Awards
- Connecticut Law Tribune "New Leader in the Law" Award, 2018
- Fairfield County Business Journal's "40 Under 40" award, 2017
- Award for Exceptional Service as the Production Editor for the University of Michigan Journal of Race & Law